Signarama’s 2023 international convention, SARCON, was a resounding success, attracting nearly 400 franchise owners and employees to Las Vegas. With a record-breaking turnout and three days filled with educational, inspiring, and celebratory programming, the event, themed “Bet on Red,” provided attendees with a valuable opportunity to connect with brand representatives and peers, learn, and gain insights to help grow their businesses.
A.J. Titus, the president of Signarama® and Starpoint Brands, expressed his enthusiasm for convention week, highlighting SARCON 2023 as an exceptional event. He emphasized that Signarama’s success is a result of the hard work, creativity, and dedication of their owners and employees. Celebrating their achievements as a group was a treat, and it left everyone feeling energized, excited, and optimistic about the brand’s future.
SARCON featured a vibrant vendor trade show floor, informative training seminars, franchise owner panels, and other breakout sessions. Notably, the convention also served as the platform for the unveiling of Signarama’s innovative Studio Model.
The Studio Model, initially offered to existing franchisees, is a more compact and streamlined version of a full-service Signarama location. This model allows existing franchise owners to expand their market reach cost-effectively and capitalize on new opportunities while still benefiting from the resources and support provided by a full-service location to enhance their sales and take advantage of the opportunities resulting from their Studio Model.
Signarama President A.J. Titus address convention attendees.
Signarama also introduced the Masters Academy, an immersive, on-location training series designed to empower Signarama franchise owners with the skills to enhance efficiency, boost sales, and increase profits. This series comprises five two-day educational programs led by experienced Signarama owners.
A.J. Titus emphasized the collaborative and immersive nature of the Masters Academy, where franchise owners have the opportunity to learn from their peers in a supportive atmosphere with a shared goal of success and growth.
The three-day event culminated with the annual awards dinner and gala, where numerous franchise owners received recognition for their exceptional achievements and projects. The 2023 Signarama Award Winners included:
- Rookie of the Year: Ray Soemarsono (Corona, CA), Punita and Rajesh Bansal (Lynnwood, WA).
- Most Improved: James and Laurie Nevonen (Grapevine, TX), Samuel Costiuc (Cleveland East, OH), and Tina Russell (Somerset, KY).
- The Bill Schwalje Humanitarian of the Year: Maggie Harlow (Louisville Downtown, KY) and Bob Chapa (Troy, MI).
- Mentor of the Year: Ted DeWitt (Covina, CA), Mike Reese (Ventura, CA), and Dwayne Carruthers (Oshawa, ON, Canada).
- Team Player: Beth and Mike Powers (Novi and Flint, MI), Kathy Evert (Ankeny, IA), Roger Robinson (North Dallas, TX), and George and Maricela Vasilache (Richmond Hill, ON, Canada).
- President’s Award: Kevin McCord (Lawrenceburg, IN and Florence, KY), Jason Brown and Cynthia Miles Brown (Louisville Dixie, KY).
- Most Valuable Player: Bob Chapa (Troy, MI).
- Hall of Fame Inductees: Dee Burkhardt (Fond du Lac and Appleton, WI) and Olivier and Rouba Fossat (France Master Partner).
Dee Burkhardt (Fond du Lac and Appleton, WI) and Olivier and Rouba Fossat (France Master Partner) were inducted into the Hall of Fame.