Mimaki USA, a prominent manufacturer of 3D full-color printers, wide format 2D inkjet printers, and cutters, has exciting news to share. They’ve recently announced a groundbreaking collaboration with Autodesk, Inc. This partnership aims to showcase how the worlds of design, engineering, and entertainment can come to life by harnessing the power of Autodesk software and Mimaki’s cutting-edge full-color 3D printing technology. This innovative union will be on display at various 3D printer exhibitions worldwide during the early summer of 2023.
Autodesk is a frontrunner in providing design software for a diverse range of industries, including media and entertainment, product design and manufacturing, and architecture, engineering, and construction. The essence of this collaboration is the transformation of 3D data into vibrant, tangible creations. This magic is achieved by integrating Autodesk’s Fusion360/Netfabb software with Mimaki’s 3DUJ-553 and 3DUJ-2207 3D printers, which have the remarkable ability to produce full-color models using UV-cured photopolymer resins, offering a palette of over 10 million colors.
At this year’s 3D printer exhibitions, Mimaki plans to unveil a full-color universe brought to life through Autodesk software and Mimaki’s 3D printers. This will be demonstrated through an array of captivating exhibits in the following categories:
1. Media & Entertainment:
- Nilian Studios from Canada will showcase character design for games and animations. They have harnessed Autodesk software in conjunction with Mimaki’s 3DUJ-553 and 3DUJ-2207 printers to create and present their original figures.
2. Product Design & Manufacturing:
- Autodesk’s Boston Technology Center in the USA will provide insight into product design. They will exhibit a visually striking generatively designed brake pedal for Stewart-Haas Racing, an American stock car racing team. The internal structure of this brake pedal is rendered using Autodesk software and then 3D printed using Mimaki’s 3DUJ-553.
3. Architecture, Engineering, & Construction:
- Fukken Co., Ltd from Japan will present civil engineering design models. They are focused on addressing the construction industry’s challenges through integrated 3D data management using Autodesk’s BIM/CIM software. These models are 3D printed on the Mimaki 3DUJ-553 to facilitate consensus-building among residents and other stakeholders.
Mimaki’s showcase of the Autodesk & Mimaki Full-Color World is scheduled for several prestigious exhibitions in 2023, where attendees can witness this cutting-edge technology in action:
- RAPID+TCT 2023 (Chicago, USA) on May 2-4
- Rapid Tech 3D (Erfurt, Germany) on May 9-11
- EDIX Tokyo (Tokyo, Japan) on May 10-12
- TCT 3SIXTY 2023 (Birmingham, England) on June 6-8
- Next Generation 3D Printer Exhibition / Japan Manufacturing World (Tokyo, Japan) on June 22-24
This collaboration between Mimaki and Autodesk promises to be a game-changer in the world of 3D printing and design, and these exhibitions are a golden opportunity to witness this cutting-edge technology firsthand.