Experienced classroom instructor Tom Lamont, based at Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School in Upton, Massachusetts, has joined forces with Tech-Ed and Roland DGA to offer a comprehensive course for fellow instructors interested in launching or enhancing a graphic technologies program at their respective schools. For years, Lamont has successfully nurtured students’ knowledge of the art and technologies within the sign trade, exposing them to a range of career opportunities in the industry that they might never have discovered otherwise.
The course, titled “Graphic Technologies and How to Start/Enhance Your Program,” is a dynamic, hands-on two-day workshop scheduled for July 11-12 at the Roland Imagination Center in Wilmington, Massachusetts. Participants will have the unique opportunity to learn how to incorporate the latest graphic technologies and application methods into their classrooms using cutting-edge Roland equipment. Tom Lamont, in collaboration with special guest Garrett Smawley of Roland DGA, will lead this special summer learning event.
During this workshop, attendees will delve into the wide spectrum of workforce-ready skills that their students can acquire. Tom and Garrett will generously share a wealth of resources, knowledge, and valuable insights on graphic technologies, as well as guidance on initiating, promoting, sustaining, and expanding their own programs within their schools. As a bonus, participants will have the chance to “make and take” several hands-on projects and will be provided with their very own Roland Graphics Tool Kit to take home.
Tom Lamont expresses his enthusiasm for the course, saying, “I would like to see the industry grow, and I had a lot of interest in the class that I presented at last year’s MAVA conference. If you know anyone who might be interested in a fun and educational couple of days, please let them know.”
The cost of this comprehensive two-day course is $275, and participants will gain practical experience in printing on various mediums, including canvas bags, stickers, golf balls, coasters, banners, window clings, t-shirts, car wraps, and much more.
Tom Lamont reassures prospective attendees, saying, “There will be ample hands-on practice, so come prepared to roll up your sleeves and get a firsthand look at how it’s done. If you don’t have the equipment yet, worry not – you can try it out ‘before you buy.'”
This course is open to individuals of all skill levels, as it is taught by educators and certified professionals who are dedicated to helping you enhance your skills and knowledge in the graphic technologies field. Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to empower your students and strengthen your school’s graphic technologies program.
In this engaging graphic technologies workshop scheduled for July 11-12, participants can look forward to a comprehensive exploration of the following key areas:
- Machine Variety and Creative Possibilities: Discover the diverse types of machines at your disposal and unleash your students’ creativity. Learn what they can craft with these powerful tools, from eye-catching signage to personalized merchandise.
- Mastering Print/Cut and UV Project Workflows: Gain hands-on experience in file importing and setup, and delve into the intricate world of printing. Uncover the seamless integration of Print/Cut and UV technologies to bring your projects to life.
- Media and Inks Selection: Unlock the secrets of selecting the right media and inks for a myriad of applications. Achieve the perfect results, whether it’s for vibrant banners or durable vehicle wraps.
- Project-Based Learning Modules: Explore an array of engaging and practical project-based learning modules that will captivate your students and enrich their skills in graphic technologies.
- Software Secrets and Productivity Hacks: Delve into software tips and tricks that streamline your workflow and enhance your designs. Uncover the shortcuts and tools that can make your work more efficient and visually striking.
- Design Principles and Layout Mastery: Elevate your designs with a deep dive into layout and design considerations. Unleash your creativity while adhering to best practices in graphic design.
- Real-World Application: Experience the thrill of applying your self-made vehicle wrap graphics to an actual vehicle, provided on-site. Witness your designs come to life and gain practical insights into this exciting aspect of the industry.
- Post-Processing Techniques: Learn essential post-processing techniques that will add the finishing touches to your projects, ensuring a polished and professional outcome.
Seats for this exclusive graphic technologies workshop are extremely limited, so we urge you to secure your spot as soon as possible. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to acquire a wealth of knowledge, hands-on experience, and practical skills that will transform your approach to graphic technologies education. Enrich your teaching and empower your students for success in this dynamic field!